Pumpkin Spice Latte and Oat Milk Recipe
October! Definitely one of my favorite months of the year.
The smell of autumn, the leaves turning red and the fresh air sometimes enveloped in gentle warm winds, a vestige of the summer that has just left us.
I always look forward to the pumpkin spice products of the little cafes in our beautiful neighborhood, which is Rosemont Petite-Patrie in Montreal. Nothing beats morning walks for two to a café on Beaubien. On the other hand... It would take me a pumpkin coffee budget! 😭
The solution that finally filled a few days of my week (Because honestly I can't help but go to the cafe at least a few times a week). The perfect pumpkin express coffee recipe!!!
First step: A syrup to put in the fridge for the week.
INGREDIENT of 'syrup'
- 1 cup of water
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup (or brown sugar, but nothing beats maple syrup)
- 1⁄2 cup pumpkin puree (homemade or store bought)
- 1 C. vanilla extract
- 1 C. ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground ginger
- 2 whole cloves (or 1⁄4 tsp cloves
PREPARATION of the syrup
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan. Mix well and bring to a boil.
- Cook until the mixture is smooth and the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Let cool.
- Put in the fridge to keep for the week
It will give about 3 times that amount.
In the morning I make myself an oat latte and just add 1 scoop or 2. Go for it how you like it!
I also like to just put some in a bowl of warm oat milk in the evening.
It's hard to make weekday mornings easier to spice up your fall!